Friday, March 13, 2009


What struck me was that around 30 people participated in the survey. They actually cared to spend a few minutes to think about a topic and choose an answer. We got many good and useful answers.

When I saw that about 30-40% of the people surveyed would not be embarrassed to shop at thrift stores, I was surprised and encouraged. We should all think about how we can waste fewer resources by re-using things, and by shopping at thrift stores. I'm curious to go check out a thrift store myself now.

My expectations were that people would be more embarrassed to be seen shopping at a thrift store, and that so many of them are actually shopping at thrift stores. My expectations were met because so many people participated.

Base on the findings, I would like to run a campaign that motivates people to shop at thrift stores and reuse more things, particularly clothes. I want the ad campaign to make it look cool and smart to shop at a thrift store, without appearing to be too happy or too organic, poor, or out of style. I would like the ad to also educate people about living more sustainably, not being so wasteful and following the latest fashion, which eats away at the resources of our earth.

No comments: