Monday, May 11, 2009

My Chosen Recipe w Herb


This is a family recipe, my father cooks it a lot. It is tofu cooked adobo style. I wondered if it would taste the same way my father made his tofu adobo. I think the reason we grew herbs was to experience growing our own food for once, and just to USE LESS STUFF!!! If we grow it and bring it home, we won't use all that plastic and packaging stuff, or the gas and fuel (to bring it to the store and then to our house) that we would have used if we would have bought it from a groceries store. The garlic that my group grew was kind of shameful because the it was slowly withering. The cooking was fun though I wish I would have made the tofu more saucy. The amount of garlic I used was perfect. The tofu looked amazing as soon as I drizzled the soy sauce on. it was great with some ricwe and other veggies. The herbs did not really change the way I think because I already try not to waste resourses and I already garden at home.

1) Dice the tofu while heating the pan
2) Put tofu on pan heated in between medium and high.

3) Cook the tofu until it is some what dry. In the meantime squeeze garlic through the garlic press (you can put as much as you want).

4) Dribble olive oil on the tofu and then apply the pressed garlic.

5) Keep the tofu browning and try to brown each side evenly.

6) As soon as the garlic is turned brown, turn the heat off. Add soy sauce an a little vinegar.

7) Enjoy!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st!!1!!!

Jessica said...

I liked how you emphasized USE LESS STUFF, it really brought out what we are trying to get across.

Ciara said...

I liked that you used tofu for your main ingredient because it made me think about the whole sustainable thing, like not eating so much meat.

niia G said...

oh that sounds & looks good because i LOVE adobo haha(: jeez just looking at the tofu makes me hungry.i want tofu D: lol.